Usalocalbd.com, which operates the Web site Usalocalbd.com (“Usalocalbd.com”), is committed to protecting the privacy and security of its online visitors. We are also extremely sensitive to families’ concerns about their children’s personal information and safety. We want you to know about and understand the measures we have taken to keep Usalocalbd.com a safe and secure environment for everyone. This privacy statement tells you how and why we collect information from you, and how we use that information.
We encourage our visitors to read through and understand our privacy statement. We may update it from time to time to address new issues or reflect changes on our site. Please refer to this privacy statement regularly.
If you have any questions or concerns about the statement, please contact us at info@Usalocalbd.com.
Information You Provide to Us:
Usalocalbd.com endeavors to provide you quality information that is tailored to your needs. In order to do that we sometimes need to ask you for information so that we can provide the kind of content you want, when you want it. We want to customize our site for you so that it meets your needs as fully as possible – this includes customizing articles, discussions, banners and more. We may ask you to register or provide personal information when you visit certain areas of Usalocalbd.com, enter a contest, complete surveys, subscribe to a service or to a newsletter, submit content, or ask us for information.
We consider the following to be personally identifiable information: first and last name, e-mail address, street address, zip code, phone number, and credit card number. We only collect personally identifiable information from you when you voluntarily submit it. Providing your personal information to Usalocalbd.com is optional. If you choose not to register or provide personal information, you can still use our site but you may not have access to certain areas and/or types of information.
Depending on the particular Usalocalbd.com site with which you register, we may ask for your name, age, address and/or zip code, e-mail address, name of school or district, and/or grade level. If you are under 18 years of age, we will also ask you to provide your parent’s or guardian’s e-mail address. We may also ask you to choose a user name and password to use when you log in to the site.
How We Use the Information You Provide:
If the information provided is from or about an individual under 18 years of age, we will use and/or disclose the information with the utmost sensitivity and care, and in accordance with all applicable federal and state laws. See below.
Usalocalbd.com gives you the opportunity to opt-out of having your personal information used for purposes not directly related to your use of the Usalocalbd.com site. If you register for any of the Usalocalbd.com programs or services but do not want your data shared with third parties for marketing or promotional purposes, you can opt-out at any time by sending us an e-mail at info@Usalocalbd.com. To help us update your records correctly, please indicate in your e-mail if you are opting out of postal mail, e-mail or telemarketing communication. Please also provide your registration details including first name, last name, street address, city, state, postal code, and country.
We Protect Children’s Privacy:
We are working hard to provide you with the best information and the highest quality interaction on the Internet in an environment that is safe. In compliance with COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), we have adopted the following policies to keep kids safe:
1. We will NOT knowingly collect, use or distribute personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 without prior verifiable consent from a parent or guardian.
2. We will NOT knowingly collect, use or distribute personally identifiable information from teens between the ages of 13 and 17 without first notifying a parent or guardian.
3. Personally identifiable information we collect from children under the age of 13 will be used solely by Usalocalbd.com or its agents for internal purposes only and will not be sold or otherwise distributed to third parties.
4. We will NOT knowingly allow a child under the age of 13 access to chat rooms, message boards, e-mail accounts, or other services within Usalocalbd.com that would allow them to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable information without prior verifiable consent from a parent or guardian.
5. We will NOT knowingly allow a teen between the ages of 13 and 17 access to chat rooms, message boards, e-mail accounts, or other services within Usalocalbd.com that would allow them to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable information without first notifying a parent or guardian.
6. We will NOT knowingly ask a child or teen to divulge more information than is needed to participate in any activity, game, or service.
7. We will NOT knowingly provide any direct link to Web sites that are unsuitable for children or teens.
8. Usalocalbd.com will not advertise on any site that does not comply with the regulations set forth under COPPA.
9. We will advise children under the age of 13 that they MUST obtain permission from their parent or guardian before sharing ANY personal information.
10. Upon request, Usalocalbd.com will provide a parent or guardian with a description of the information that may have been provided about their child or teen during a registration process for a program or service of our site. Usalocalbd.com only asks for a child’s or teen’s personal information if it is necessary to participate in the program or service. The site administrator also has access to the registration data but it is only used for site maintenance. Registration data that is provided about children or teens is not used for marketing and is never shared with any other party. If you would like to view your child’s registration data, request a change, or request that we delete any of your child’s personal information, please send an e-mail to info@Usalocalbd.com which includes your child’s first and last name, school zip code, and your first and last name.
Usalocalbd.com urges parents to instruct their children to never give out their real names, addresses or phone numbers without permission when using the Internet. We recognize a special obligation to protect personal information obtained from children.
Notification and Verifiable Parental Consent:
Certain areas and activities within Usalocalbd.com may ask visitors under the age of 18 to provide personal information such as their name, date of birth, e-mail address or school name. We only ask for the information that is necessary to participate in the particular activity.
Before any personally identifiable information is collected, we will do our best to notify the parent or guardian that their child or teen is participating. Notification will include the exact nature and intended use of the information we are collecting, as well as the opportunity for the parent or guardian to prevent the use of the information and the child’s participation in the activity. If the child is under 13 years of age we require the parent or guardian to provide verifiable parental consent such as an e-mail to Usalocalbd.com. If the individual is a teen between the ages of 13 and 17, Usalocalbd.com will notify the parent or guardian that his or her teen is participating and sharing personal information but we do not require consent.
When verifiable parental consent has not yet been obtained, we will use online contact information (such as an e-mail address) only as is appropriate to:
request the name or online contact information of a parent or guardian for the purpose of obtaining verifiable parental consent or providing notification to the parent or guardian;
respond directly to the child’s or teen’s request on a one-time basis (for example, to provide assistance with a particular study question), not using that information to re-contact the child or teen for any other purpose;
respond more than once directly to a specific request from the child (for example, to satisfy the request for a newsletter subscription), not using that information to re-contact the child or teen for any other purpose.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Web site. Please contact info@Usalocalbd.com if you wish to inquire about these third-party agencies’ privacy policies.
In the course of serving advertisements to this site, our third-party advertiser may place or recognize a unique “cookie” on your browser.
What are Cookies?
The non-personally identifiable information we track with cookies is anonymous and is not used to identify, or lead us back to, any particular visitor. Visitors to Usalocalbd.com may have the option of disabling cookies via their browser preferences (most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies).
While browsing through Usalocalbd.com, you may get cookies from our advertisers or sponsors. Usalocalbd.com and its affiliated sites do not control these cookies.
What are IP Addresses?
An IP address is a number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you use the World Wide Web. Web servers – the big computers that “serve up” Web pages – automatically identify your computer by its IP address.
A Notice About Our Advertisers:
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit www.networkadvertising.org.
A Notice About External Links:
Occasionally, you will find links from Usalocalbd.com to independently owned, controlled, and/or managed sites whose content we believe will be of possible interest and value to our visitors. Additionally, you’ll see links from advertisers, sponsors, and other partners who may use Usalocalbd.com’s logo as part of a co-branding agreement.
In many cases, these links represent cooperative projects or mutual links established with the organizations connected with these sites. We don’t control the content of these links. These other sites may send you their own cookies, collect data, or solicit personal information. While we identify sponsor and advertiser areas of our site, we do not control these cookies or the content of these third parties.
We specifically recommend that children check with their parents or teachers before clicking on to any new sites.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of Usalocalbd.com, or your dealings with Usalocalbd.com, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.